What is greige? Greige refers to the fabric that has not been processed after weaving. Natural fabrics for printing and dyeing. The billet cloth on industry is to point to fabric commonly, perhaps laminated greige, the greige of glue.
What are the kinds of greige?
1. According to the classification of raw materials, it can be divided into: pure fabric, blended fabric, blended fabric and interweave fabric.
- Pure textile: the raw materials of the fabric all use the same fiber, including cotton fabric, wool fabric, silk fabric, polyester fabric and so on.
- Blended fabric: the raw material of the fabric is made of two or more than two different kinds of fibers, which are blended into yarns, including polyester-viscose, cotton-viscose, linen viscose, linen cotton and viscose tencel blended fabrics.
- Blended fabric: the raw material of the fabric is made of single yarns of two kinds of fibers, which are combined into strands, including low elastic polyester filament, medium and long polyester filament, and polyester staple fiber and low elastic polyester filament.
- Interwoven fabric: the raw materials for the two directions of the fabric are different fiber yarns, such as ancient satin interwoven with silk and rayon, Neffon interwoven with nylon and rayon, etc.
2.Classified according to whether the fabric material is dyed or not: white fabric, color fabric.
- White fabric: fabric made of raw materials without bleaching and dyeing, also known as raw fabric in silk weaving. Such as: white cloth.
- Yarn dyed fabric: dyed raw materials or fancy thread after processing into fabric, silk weaving is also known as cooked fabric. Such as: poplin fabric, youth cloth, seersucker, Oxford, stretch cloth, double cloth, cut cloth, jacquard cloth.
3. According to the processing method, it can be divided into woven fabric, knitted fabric, non-woven fabric, woven and composite fabric.
- Woven fabric: the fabric is made of vertically arranged yarns, namely warp and weft yarns, interwoven on the loom according to certain rules.
- Knitted fabric: knitted fabric formed by knitting yarn into loops, divided into weft knitting and warp knitting.
- Weft knitted fabric is made by feeding weft threads into the working needle of the knitting machine, so that the yarns are sequentially bent into loops and threaded into each other.
- Warp knitted fabrics are made of one or more groups of yarns arranged in parallel and looped simultaneously on all working needles fed into the knitting machine.
- nonwovens: the loose fibers by bonding or stitching. Adhesive and puncture are mainly used. Using this processing method can greatly simplify the process, reduce the cost, improve labor productivity, with broad development prospects.
- Woven fabric: products formed by two or more groups of thread-like objects, such as bamboo and rattan products such as MATS and baskets; Or one or more yarns with each other string set, twist braid, knot knitting products. The other is a kind of three-dimensional complex products with special equipment, multi-way yarn in accordance with a certain spatial cross knitting string nesting law.
- Composite fabric: woven fabric, knitted fabric, braid, nonwoven fabric or film in two or more than two kinds of materials by cross knitting, needling, spunking, bonding, suture, riveting and other methods to form a multi-layer fabric.